This web page provides some links to information on the university, the city, local transportation, weather, eateries around the campus area and vicinity, and local newspaper and television stations for news, weather, entertainment, etc.
For information on travel to Columbus, Ohio (via airplane, Greyhound, etc.) — and from the airport or bus terminal to the conference hotel or to the Ohio State campus — please see the Travel to Columbus, Ohio web page.
1. THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
- The Ohio State University (The Ohio State University homepage and links to a full array of information: Ohio State History and Traditions — About Ohio State — Campus Map (multiple versions) — online site search, etc., etc.)
- The Ohio State University Transportation and Parking Services (info on campus parking and bus service, including Main Campus Visitors Parking, a useful resource for information on visitor parking permits, garage information for visitors, etc..)
- CABS (Campus Area Bus Service) (university-operated free bus service for transportation in and around the campus area)
2. CITY BUS ROUTES AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- The City's COTA Buses Serving the Campus Area:
University District (local city bus service operated by COTA (Central Ohio Transportation Authority)
3. CAMPUS-AREA RESTAURANTS AND EATERIES
- Campus Dining and BuckID Merchants: Restaurants (restaurants, coffee shops and other eateries) off-campus that accept Ohio State student ID/debit cards.
- The Short North (a commercial district on North High Street between the university district and downtown with restaurants as well as shops and art galleries)
4. CITY OF COLUMBUS (FRANKLIN COUNTY, OHIO)
- City of Columbus (info on the city of Columbus, Ohio; Columbus city map; links to weather forecast, parks and recreation, etc.)
- National Weather Service Forecast: Columbus, Ohio (seven-day weather forecast from NOAA's National Weather Service)
- Hello Columbus (links to Columbus attractions, restaurants, theaters, etc.)
5. COLUMBUS NEWSPAPERS AND TELEVISION STATIONS
- The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus newspaper)
- The Lantern (Ohio State's student newspaper)
- Television Stations in the Greater Columbus Area, Ohio:
WCMH-TV 4 (MSNBC) — WSYX-TV 6 (ABC) — WBNS-10TV (CBS) — WTTE-TV (“FOX 28”) , etc.
- Television Stations Affiliated with The Ohio State University: WOSU-TV 34 (PBS 34 and 42) and Buckeye TV (Ohio State's student-run television station)
Some links on this page are to .pdf files. These are designated by [pdf] following the link. If you require these materials in alternate format contact our web manager.